Monday 3 November 2014

The Heir by Kiera Cass ?? | Discussion

A while ago, I was Instagraming. Ya know, just casually scrolling down my timeline. & I see this picture of The Selection trilogy by Kiera Cass. The person who posted it is all like 'I love this trilogy I can't wait for the fourth book!!'
*insert disappointed laugh* I was like, honey. It's a trilogy... As in 3 books. 
But then! I scroll down more and all the comments were agreeing with the post.

'Am I wrong?' I remember singing.

So I google it, like everything in life & apparently! There is a fourth book! A fifth one too!

Now, I don't know if that's good news or bad... I've read the whole trilogy & I did think the ending of The One was happily ever after, but very vague. Open, if you will. 
But obviously I was okay with that since it was that kind of a book. 

To be honest, I'm so fucking done with America Singer and her bullshit and if I can I would stay away from her for the rest of my life. 
Some people said they tolerated America for Maxon. Problem is,
I hate Maxon too... 

And now everybody hates me.


The Heir is coming out May 5th 2015 (see what they did there?) and before I go into details about it. A little announcement for all the people who haven't read the whole trilogy and don't want to be spoiled:
Before The Heir comes out, there's going to be two novellas coming our way. And those are:
-The Queen (December 2014) which talks about Queen Amberly & this one... I'm really pumped about! She's one of my favorite characters I want to see her story!
-The Favorite (A paperback bind up of The Queen & The Favorite: early 2015) OK I AM REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS ONE I JUST CANNOT. But I do suggest you don't look into who it's about if you haven't read the whole trilogy because... Just don't dude.



Ok, I'm going to talk spoilery things now so if you haven't read The One stop reading.

I'm serious.


Begone.


Dude, it's not funny.


Now that they're gone...

As we all know, in The One America and Prince Maxon happily got married and by default, they're will need to produce an heir... 
Soooo, they had a baby. 

Question is: Boy or girl??
 And the answer to that is....

BOTH.

Yup, that's right! they had twins! I don't know why that's so exciting to me but it just is.

The Heir is about the baby girl, which is alarming... 
What if she's a replica of her mother...

BUT GUYS. The Heir revolves around her selection!! I didn't see that one coming. I guess I just thought they'll just stop doing the selection thing but I guess not...

I guess I do have high expectations because this is bound to be less dramatic than America's story. 'Why?' you say? 
Because,
1-There's no evil king.
2-They're a bunch of guys instead of girls 

LET'S HOLD THAT THOUGHT FOR A SECOND.

Instead of having 35 whiny scheming screaming fighting girls, we get 35 hot guys. 
I'm just saying.

 Recently, we got a synopsis and a cover, so let's discuss those.

Synopsis:

"Twenty years ago, America Singer entered the Selection and won Prince Maxon’s heart. Now the time has come for Princess Eadlyn to hold a Selection of her own. Eadlyn doesn’t expect her Selection to be anything like her parents’ fairy-tale love story. But as the competition begins, she may discover that finding her own happily ever after isn’t as impossible as she always thought."

Let's go sentence by sentence shall we?

"Twenty years ago, America Singer entered the Selection and won Prince Maxon’s heart."
 -Twenty years! so I guess America is now, what... 36? Maths.

"Now the time has come for Princess Eadlyn to hold a Selection of her own."
 -Eadlyn? Really...? ugh the names in these books... 

"Eadlyn doesn’t expect her Selection to be anything like her parents’ fairy-tale love story."
-Excuse me??? 'Fairy-tale love story'?? Honey. Whatever story you were told, it was a bloody lie.
*scoffs* fairy tale she says...
 
"But as the competition begins, she may discover that finding her own happily ever after isn’t as impossible as she always thought."
 -That's vague as hell. I'm anxious...

And Finally, the cover:

 
It's cute. it really is. It's my favorite out all of them. But, I still think they should've gone with green. Green matches better with the rest of the series.
Oh well, what can we do..

And those are my thoughts on The Heir! Let me know what you think down below I'd love to hear!! thanks for reading you lil cute face.

you're welcome.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers