Monday 6 April 2015

Juliet Immortal | Book Review

Title: Juliet Immortal
Series: (Juliet Immortal #1)
Author: Stacey Jay
Genre: Urban Fantasy, Romance
Publication Date: August 9th 2011
Format: ebook

The most tragic love story in history . . .

Juliet Capulet didn't take her own life. She was murdered by the person she trusted most, her new husband, Romeo Montague, a sacrifice made to ensure his own immortality. But what Romeo didn't anticipate was that Juliet would be granted eternity, as well, and would become an agent for the Ambassadors of Light. For 700 years, she's fought Romeo for the souls of true lovers, struggling to preserve romantic love and the lives of the innocent. Until the day she meets someone she's forbidden to love, and Romeo, oh Romeo, will do everything in his power to destroy that love.

"These violent delights have violent ends

And in their triumph die, like fire and powder,

Which as they kiss consume."

—Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare

God, I love this book.

When I picked this book up I had no idea I would love it this much. I added it to my favorite's shelf for fuck's sake and everybody knows: I take my favorite's shelf very seriously.

So the concept of Romeo and Juliet hating each other and being immortal was very interesting to me, especially for someone who doesn't like the original Shakespeare Romeo & Juliet. Now? I'm not so sure.
I haven't read the classic because I couldn't understand it to be honest lol.
But now I think there might be a small possibility that I would like it.

So Juliet Immortal was a roller coaster of a book. Holy damn, I was always on the edge of my seat -or bed.. mostly bed- desperately holding myself back from reading the last page of the book>

I loved all the twists and turns the book surprised me with. It made it fast-paced and enjoyable throughout the entire thing.

I'm not saying this book is for everyone, because it definitely is not. I went into it with pretty much no expectations at all and look at me now.
But like I said, I saw many, many people saying they thought the book was cheesy or predictable or they just didn't like it. So I guess it's different for everyone.

I thought I should mention that this book reminded me of two other books:

The Winner's Curse: Also one of my favorite books. They weren't like each other in plot or characters but what remeinded me of it was the way I felt reading it. In both books I just could not see how the author could possibly make the story work, it was pretty much a dead end!

Cruel Beauty: I can't really explain this one very well.. I just felt like the atmosphere of the book was really similar to this one.

 The writing of this book was just so... Pretty. A different writing style could've made the story cheesy and cliche so I was very pleased with how the book was written.
Very quotable indeed.

Juliet Immortal doesn't have the highest ratings on Goodreads. Yet, I enjoyed it so much, which just had me open my eyes to read more books even if they'er not very popular.

There is a sequel called Romeo Redeemed, which I cannot wait to read omg.

Overall, I thought Juliet Immortal was so much fun to read, had a very perfect ending,pleased my giggly, girlyside. But, for some reason, I can't bring myself to give it five stars. I don't know why, so I knocked half a star to please my weird self (Y)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers