Monday 30 March 2015

Confess | Book Review

Title: Confess
Series: Standalone
Author: Colleen Hoover (a.k.a queen)
Genre: New Adult, Romance
Publication Date: March 10th 2015
Format: ebook

Auburn Reed has her entire life mapped out. Her goals are in sight and there’s no room for mistakes. But when she walks into a Dallas art studio in search of a job, she doesn’t expect to find a deep attraction to the enigmatic artist who works there, Owen Gentry.

For once, Auburn takes a risk and puts her heart in control, only to discover Owen is keeping major secrets from coming out. The magnitude of his past threatens to destroy everything important to Auburn, and the only way to get her life back on track is to cut Owen out of it.

The last thing Owen wants is to lose Auburn, but he can’t seem to convince her that truth is sometimes as subjective as art. All he would have to do to save their relationship is confess. But in this case, the confession could be much more destructive than the actual sin…

In Confess, Colleen Hoover was trying a different style of writing, or at least, it felt that way for me. A lot of things were changed like pacing and timing and the twist aspect.

In most of Colleen's books -if not all of them- she always has a huge twist that gets revealed at little after halfway point. The first half is all happy and shit to keep you off track and then the second half is when shit goes down and we're trying to fix it. 

This one was a bit different. She had twists throughout the whole novel that it was hard to know what the big twist is. Also the timing the events happened stretched out in a way I'm not used to reading in Colleen's books.

And I must say, I enjoy this style so much more. This is the 7th book I read by Colleen and each book published is better than the last, it's amazing.

The thing about Colleen's books too, is that she always has her characters do jobs that are not used a lot in the New Adult genre.
Our main character, Auburn, is a hair-stylist. Our male main character, Owen, is an artist.

Plot wise, this book kept me interested from start to finish. There was always something that I needed to know the answer for. She was painting a picture for us, starting from the basics to the whole entire view. the complexity of the characters' lives was fascinating.

I loved the characters! Auburn was so much fun and even though she's really having a hard time, she finds the strength to smile and do whatever. There was also a beautiful side of Auburn that would be a spoiler so let's not.

Owen is a new book boyfriend for me, OMG. -wink,wink- I love him. He was so sweet and so selfless and I felt so freaking bad for him, God! His job was so cool and I wished there was a studio scene at the end because I loved his job so much.

So if you don't know, the book has pictures that were painted by Danny O'Connor, who Colleen partnered with. They were so beautiful and heart-breaking.
The pictures are connected to the dedication at the beginning of the book. Which you'll get when you read the book, but the dedication made some things very hard to read.
I died so many times reading this book. I can't, man. I'm so excited to read even more and more Colleen because she's amazing and love her stories.


I have to say that Confess might be my new favorite. I still think Ugly Love seriously hit hard and Miles is actually my favorite male character of all time. But, I feel like Confess was more enjoyable to me. I do believe this one is my favorite out of her books.

Beat that November 9!

Overall, I enjoyed every single character and every single scene in this book and I honestly tried to find a flaw since I'm really picky with my 5 stars but you know what? This book deserves it.




























No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers