Thursday 26 March 2015

Fallen Too Far | Book Review

Title: Fallen Too Far 
Series: (Too Far #1)
Author: Abbi Glines
Genre: New Adult, Romance
Publication Date: December 14th 2012
Format: ebook

To want what you’re not supposed to have…

She is only nineteen.

She is his new stepfather’s daughter. 

She is still naïve and innocent due to spending the last three years taking care of her sick mother. 

But for twenty-four year old Rush Finlay, she is the only thing that has ever been off limits. His famous father’s guilt money, his mother’s desperation to win his love, and his charm are the three reasons he has never been told no.

Blaire Wynn left her small farmhouse in Alabama, after her mother passed away, to move in with her father and his new wife in their sprawling beach house along the Florida gulf coast. She isn’t prepared for the lifestyle change and she knows she’ll never fit into this world. Then there is her sexy stepbrother who her father leaves her with for the summer while he runs off to Paris with his wife. Rush is as spoiled as he is gorgeous. He is also getting under her skin. She knows he is anything but good for her and that he’ll never be faithful to anyone. He is jaded and has secrets Blaire knows she may never uncover but even knowing all of that…

Blaire just may have fallen too far.

"At least he had looked my way. I hadn't known what to expect from him."
Oh my god, this was a struggle.

Honestly, as a NA reader I know what ridiculous can be... but this book. This fucking book just absolutely killed me.


While Reading: 

lol what the hell is this?

Some real thirst in here.

So one of the characters just blurts that whole situation (a.k.a said plot-twist) in one breath which was totally unnecessary since they all fucking know the story. and Blaire just HAPPENS to overhear it. Ah, what an amazing coincidence. 

IS EVERYBODY IN THIS DAMN BOOK A FUCKING IDIOT? HOW DO YOU EVEN JUSTIFY ACTS SO EASILY THIS IS ABSOLUTELY INSANE.

This better end a legitimate end or I'll give it a shameful one star. 

After Reading: 

lol what?

So I actually really don't like this book. I thought it was completely stupid and unrealistic.

For instance, our main character knows how to use a gun and she also has a gun because she's just so incredibly badass -note sarcasm- but see, the problem is we later find out that she has a permit. At. The. Age. Of. 14.
Where in the fucking world do you get a permit to a gun when you're 14? loony town.

I honestly don't understand how Fallen Too Far has a 4.26 rating on Goodreads... What happened to humanity..?

The story and the conversations were so cheesy, so cliche and just so... dumb.
I just didn't really enjoy this at all. It was so ridiculous I was laughing. And even though it's supposed to go by quickly I still skimmed the last part.

Blaire was like "I want you but no. Awe that's so cute take me. Dude no you don't get to- I'm yours." -________________-

I really am pissed at the fact this was ended like this because now I'd have even the slightest of urge to read the sequels.

Overall, I thought Fallen Too Far was a cringe-worthy, cheesy New Adult. I haven't lost faith in Abbi Glines, isn't this her debut novel? I'm not pretty sure. But, I think I will try some of her other series. I can see people enjoying but at the same time... I really really can't man. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers